Sunday, December 7, 2008

Back to the West-Boise

I was lucky enough to get to go to Utah for one of my best friend's weddings. I figured while I was out there, I might as well hop on up to Boise for a visit since I was going so far anyway! We were gone for a total of 12 days, which is the longest I have ever been away from Jon. I wasn't too bad the first week, but by a week and a half I was missing him horribly! I had such a wonderful time, and I was SO happy to get to visit everyone and show off Neal, but I was so happy to come home to my husband and the long-stemmed red rose and chocolates he got to welcome me! I went to Boise first for a whole week. I arrived just in time for my little brother Matt's 16th birthday. I didn't tell him or my 11 year old sister Michelle that I was even coming . . . it made for some fun surprises when they got home from school! Me and my Daddy . . . he was traveling on business for a lot of the time I was there, but Neal and I treasured the brief time we did have with him! This is Matt the night of his birthday party at my parents house with 45 teenage guests . . . I just want to give a little shout out to him . . . he is such an example to me. He does what he knows is right, because he knows who he is and is comfortable in that. He is sensitive, talented, funny, and works hard. I was SO pumped to get to be with him for such a special birthday. I love you Matt! I'm so glad that Neal has you to look up to. Here I am with Kat . . . I matched her hand on the hip . . . I didn't want to be outposed! Although you can see how natural hers looks and how posed mine is . . . maybe it's the former cheerleader in me that makes me feel like I have to have a strong arm when it's on my hip? I got to stay with Kat at her house most of the time I was there in Boise. I am so lucky she is my sister. Even though she is going through some unimaginable pain in her life right now, she makes me feel good and happy by being around her. On Sunday night, my sister Marie and her husband Scott came over to Kat and Justin's and made us an amazing dinner! Scott is SUCH a good cook and always makes the freshest, yummiest, most beautiful food. He likes to copy restaurant dishes. Here is the dessert he made. Wow! Marie and Parker, Kat and Cruz, Me and Neal My oldest niece Melissa is always so good to help out with the babies - and they love her! I love the way Michelle plays with the babies . . . She is such a good aunt!I gave her a haircut, so I had to take a picture so she could show it off. Isn't she cute?I was reading my high school friend Melissa's blog and found out that she was in Boise! I couldn't believe it. I hadn't seen her in years and had never even met her adorable little boy Trevor. She lives in Houston, and with me in NC, we never see each other! So, my last night in Boise, she came over and we got to chat for a couple of hours. She has always been one of my favorite people, so real and loving and fun. It was SO good to see her!

9 comments:

Masons said...

Thanks for calling me you bum!! :) Just kidding. You and Mel look so cute.

George and Caralee said...

Liz, I know Mel loved seeing you too. I enjoy catching up on you and your sweet family. It sounds like you are doing so well. Have a Merry Christmas!

Rebekah said...

such a fun post! you look just like you did in High School sitting on that couch with mel. I can't wait to see more pictures...like of the wedding... but I am so excited to see you in a couple weeks for Christmas... Love You!
love, Rebekah

Nate & Lindsey said...

I am so happy that you were able to visit with your family and I agree with your sis.AWWWW I love that you are such a close family! It makes me want to be closer to mine. I didn't know I could get to much closer but maybe!he he. Love you liz

Melissa said...

It was so good to see you and meet Neal! I love the picture of you three sisters with the babes on the stairs. So cute! Glad you had a fun trip and that we were able to get together. Let's not go so long with out seeing each other this time! Hope you have fun hanging with Jon and Neal during his break for Christmas. Travel safely!

xoxo, bell said...

i know i am such a good aunt!!!:{)

Nate & Lindsey said...

Happy New Year! Love and miss you

Tracie Frost said...

Hi Lizzy. Can't believe you guys all have boys and they're the same age! How fun! I'm going to be finished having kids before my sister even gets started!

We still haven't seen you guys - crazy because we only live 3 hours apart.

Also, do you know my brother and sister-in-law? I forget exactly where you live. They are in Chapel Hill. Andrew and Giselle Sloop.

Happy New Year!

Camille said...

Hi Liz, thanks for your comments on my blog. :) You're so sweet. You look great! Oh and I don't think your arm looks posed. :)