Sunday, March 1, 2009

Big Boy Baby Neal

I can't believe I didn't post this one with last week's blog . . . oh I love my baby! I started trying to get Neal to eat more during the day . . . milk just doesn't cut it when you're a 27 lb. 31 in. 8 month old! Yes the numbers are true, by the way :) He won't eat baby food though . . . we never fed it to him consistently and now mashed up on a spoon doesn't have have much appeal. So we let him mostly eat whatever we eat, but he will also feed himself black beans and canned peas. I love the way he examines what he's eating. He usually makes a grossed out face initially, no matter what it is but then continues to eat. Jon was sitting on the dining table with his legs hanging off, and Neal got so excited when he saw and scooted over as fast as he could! He grabbed his Daddy's feet and pulled himself up to standing and was so pleased!Today Neal had his first lollipop. It was a mini tootsie pop. First he tasted it . . . Then examined it . . . Then chomped into it! This is what was left when we took it from him. I think he liked it!I will just say that I am so proud that I have updated my blog two weeks in a row! (My goal is once a week). Neal is just so much fun . . . I love him so much, and LOVE spending every day with him! He brings so much joy to me. He makes me laugh and thinks of little games to play with me . . . and I'm always in shock at what he can do!

10 comments:

Katie Sterling said...

He is so adorable and getting so grown up! I think that he looks just like Jon in that picture where he is hanging onto Jon's legs. It was shocking because I haven't seen a picture of him that looks so much like Jon. Anyway, I love your pictures so keep them coming for sure!

lisa said...

I just LOVE how he takes such perfect little pictures. He smiles so cute for the camera! :)

Rebekah said...

I can't believe how big he is getting, i can't wait to see him at dad's bday..i love how curiously he looks at his food, you can tell he is a thinker like his dad! of course he likes sweets already, such a fales! love you!
love, Rebekah

The Harrises said...

Good pictures and good Mom. I meant to tell you in church on Sunday how impressed I am with you. You playing the piano and leading those girls was something way beyond what I could do. You do it well!

Kristina said...

Oh my gosh- I seriously think he is the cutest kid ever. I love that first picture! I love that you can see his little teeth! And i LOVE the first high chair pic- i laughed so hard when I saw it! He's like, "what the heck are you giving me?" So cute! Good job Liz! Thanks for all the pictures! I love seeing him! Here are some more exclamation marks just for fun!!!! =)

The Frosts said...

He is just way too cute! Thank you for your sweet comment on my blog! I can't believe your baby weighs 10 POUNDS more than mine! He's adorable!

Cherise said...

Neal is such a cute little guy! I can see why you love being a mom so much!

Courtney said...

What a cutie pie! Um, your son is only 2 lbs less than Monkey Boy! Are you giving him Miracle Grow? Seriously let me in on the secret so I can get Monkey Boy to weigh more! We need to chat sometime soon! :D

Rachel Anderson said...

What a doll!!! You always have the cutest blog posts. I love reading them!! We miss you guys!

Brianne & Jarod said...

So Neal is offically bigger than Ike! I am so happy for you that he likes to eat your food...we are STILL working on that!! He is just and adorable little guy :)