I started this one Neal's birthday but didn't have a chance to finish. I just wanted to recap the last year in pictures!
Here I am in all of my 213 lbs. of glory. Haha, I laugh every time I think of it! Anyway, this is right before we left for the hospital the first time. We didn't even know what he looked like yet!

Birthday!! Finally after 32 hours of labor and a couple of minutes pushing, Baby Neal came into the world at a mere 10 lbs. 5 oz. and 22 and 1/4 inches long.

Going home from the hospital - Blue Devil from birth!

Baby blessing day, 3 weeks old

2 and 1/2 months


4 and 1/2 months

My little golfer for halloween

Almost 6 months old

A little over 6 months - it's all my mother-in-law could find that would fit him! I was secretly glad because I thought it was hilarious :)

7 months

9 months

10 months

going potty - I never have to change dirty diapers as long as we are at home!

Almost one year

He thinks he is so funny and that his daddy is too!


Soooooooo, I am so thrilled to get to talk about being a mother. I love this baby more than anything! He is beautiful, sweet, and funny. I can't get enough of him! I am still often brought to tears just from looking at him making a funny face at me, or when he gives me a cuddle, or when I ask him for a kiss and he leans in with his mouth wide open . . . he tries to make us laugh, grunts when he wants something, and knows where the ice cream is kept. He loves to lead us around by reaching as far as he can in the direction he wants us to go and waves his arm feverishly back and forth to say "no"!
He is a very cautious boy with new foods or things that make loud noises, and lays his head into my shoulder when he is being shy, but is also wild and into everything. I think I spent the last 3 months just running after him!
I LOVE being his mommy! Even though if Daddy's around that's all he wants . . . but I know he loves me too :) I have so much fun playing with him and reading to him and learning to comminucate with him. I love to learn life lessons from him, I learn so much! He tries to walk, falls on his face after a few steps and doesn't seem to notice. He just goes on crawling, but then gets up to try walking again. He is so forgiving. Any time I have been frusterated with him while trying to get him to sleep when his schedule is off (because of my sleep deprivation) he still greets me when he wakes up with smiles and love and wants to play. I want to be like him!
I could go on . . . and maybe I will later, but for now I am going to sleep . . . stay tuned for the birthday celebration!
9 comments:
What a handsome little boy you guys have :) I love all the pictures! Happy Birthday Neal!
Happy birthday baby Neal! He is so adorable!
Oh, I miss Neal. Cutest, cutest boy! Can't wait to see the birthday pics!!
Wow. He is a beautiful boy! You must be a really awesome YW leader, with the love you have for motherhood. If your YW are watching you, they will be inspired.
We are coming to the temple this weekend. Will you guys be around? I'll have Paul email you. We owe you lunch!
Happy Birthday Neal!!!
Happy Birthday Not so Baby Neal. Hope you had a good day. It's nice to know that baby weight comes off eventually! You look fabulous sporting around your 1 year old.
I can't believe he is a year old already. They grow so fast! He such a handsome little guy...and so stylin! And congrats on being an amazing mom for one whole year!
Also, thanks for the advice on flying with a baby. We went into all four flights remembering not to care what everyone would think if she started crying...and all three of us did great!
My favorite pic has to be the one with Neal on the john (fitting). The only one I know who gets as happy about using the toilet is his dad :)
That kid is SO adorable liz! I have to laugh because i have noticed we have the same swing, high chair seat, and potty cover! haha. I too put Corbin on the potty to take poopies! Everyone says the only person I am training is myself...but if it is one less poopy diaper for me, i will do it!! And just you wait...our boys will be potty trained before 2! :D
Post a Comment