Saturday, May 30, 2009

Florida! (It's my blog, I can post as many pictures as I want to, right?)

Ok, SO overwhelmed! Of course that's why I haven't been posting, but then it gets more and more overwhelming . . . ugh! I'll just have to catch up when I can and try to get back track. SO here is our most recent trip. Jon's "spring break" was the first week of May. We flew down to the ranch in Florida where our friends the Wrights live. The Osmonds (Greg just graduated from med school, congrats!) went down a few days before us, and we stayed a few days after they left. The Wrights were soooo nice to let us take over their house and lives for a combined 10 days (especially considering Tarah is also 6 months pregnant). Everything was so perfect! We had just enough time to relax, hang out, and talk and just enough fun things to do. The food is always so yummy and the conversation never dull. I miss them!! Luckily Tarah and Natalie are coming to visit us in a couple of weeks! Here's the fun we had at their house . . . I think this was the first morning we were there . . . Neal was just playing, and I peeked in on him and look what he had done! He was trying to put that necklace on as hard as he could and promise he put that purse on his arm all by himself. My SIL Kristina posted this about her daughter who is 3 weeks older than Neal with a similar picture: "How is it that a baby girl can pick up a purse and know exactly what to do with it?" . . . apparently my baby boy has the same skill :)Neal loved Natalie's piano! I wish we had one, it was so cool. It was hard to keep him off of it at 5 am when we were up, but everyone else was sleeping. This may be my favorite picture from the whole trip . . . He is learning to climb and got up there all by himself.Since Neal was a few months old, he would touch his forehead to things, especially books. It is so funny, he'll just hold it there for a few seconds and then look up. He was doing it on the piano keys, and Natalie copied him, I thought it was so funny! Speaking of climbing, he found Nat's toddler bed and was so proud when he figured out how to swing up his leg and pull himself up. Then he would hold onto the rail and jump up and down, laughing!I just love this smile! Playing with Uncle Greg. Tarah making the kiddies laugh while they eat their mandarin oranges. She is pretty funny! As a much understated thank-you to Tarah, we gave her a little hour of pampering. I gave her a facial while she got a foot massage from Kaylynn. Natalie wasn't feeling very well, so she was super snuggly while we took care of her mommy. We had a bonfire in their backyard after we put the babies down. Just beyond the fire is pasture as far as you can see. Have I mentioned they live in the coolest place?! We are so jealous! The boys, specifically my pyro-hubby took great pride in building this fire. It indeed was lit with one match (well, the first match that the wind didn't blow out). I have to admit, I was very impressed with how it went from un-lit to this in literally one minute or less. One perk of living on the ranch is that they get to pick all the citrus they want for free. They grow juice oranges, so we picked 2 overflowing target bags full and made a ton of fresh-squeezed orange juice, the best I've ever had! I told Jon to look excited . . .

9 comments:

Brianne & Jarod said...

It sounds like you had a blast! I am so jealous! Tarah's hair looks great, and you look amazing!!

Cherie said...

It looks like you guys have had quite an adventure! Liz, I totally know Greg :) He and one of his best friends Tommy Brady grew up with two of my roommates (and best friends!) I lived with for two years. We had lots of fun with those guys! The Mormon world is very small :) I'm glad you had such a fun break. Little Neal is absolutely precious :)

Kolby said...

Aww I just love little nakey bum pictures! What a fun trip, I want to live there now. You three girls are gorgeous!
-Rachel O

Kristina said...

YEA!! I just love reading your blog! I sit here and grin and laugh the whole time because you guys are so cute! =) I love the necklace/purse picture, I guess it's not just a girl talent afterall....=) and LOVE the naked piano player- so cute. He'll love that picture too, one day, I'm sure! I also love the one of Jon super excited about the orange juice-- sometimes you have to help Jon get excited about things, don't you. =) Miss you guys so much! I'm really wanting to just buy a plane ticket and come see you!

The Harrises said...

Looks like I'm going to have to get my tush down to Florida--although it won't be bare nor will it be playing a miniature piano.

Rebekah said...

So fun to finally get an update from my long-lost-blogging sister! I loved all your post, and it looked like your vacation was so fun. That water Hole looked so amazing and fun with so many fun things to do. I can't believe how big neal is getting, and he really is channeling a lot of Fales these days:) You look so fit and pretty!
love you!
~Rebekah

MacElwee Family said...

Those are all such cute pictures. It sounded like you guys had a fun trip. Neal is getting so big (Given I have only met him once or twice when you guys came to Logan), but he is seriously so cute!

Lisa T Hansen said...

So glad you guys got a break and got to travel to the sunshine! My favorite photo is the piano one. Some day he'll be famous and . . .well, you know.

I seriously think he's psychic or something with that "touch my forehead" way of getting to know the world.

Here's a link to our family's website. Maggie put a link to your family's blog on ours so we can keep up with your news!

www.ultimatehansens.blogspot.com

Amy said...

Looks like a fun trip! I love fresh squeezed OJ! I love visiting Nate's parent's in San Diego and picking oranges right from their tree.