Monday, October 19, 2009

Announcing Baby Dewey #2!

We got our second ultrasound today of this little baby! The first was at 8 weeks and four days, and I am now 12 weeks and 2 days along. The baby is only measuring 4 days big so far! I'm going to have to look it up, but I'm pretty sure Neal was already 6 days ahead for size at this point in my pregnancy with him. We are so happy to be expanding our family, and I continue to feel absolutely privileged every single day to be a mother and to be able to so easily carry and bear our children. It truly is incredible, and I strive to never take it for granted! My grandpa (my Dad's dad) passed away last night, and we got the email on our phones right after we had gotten the ultrasound, still there in room. It is amazing to think about the cycle of life. I feel strange almost to announce and celebrate this new little life inside of me during a time of mourning in my family, but at the same time, it almost feels perfectly appropriate. I am grateful for the man my grandpa was and for all he taught my father that I have benefited so greatly from, and I know that these lessons of hard work, being strong and dedicated in the church, having a positive attitude through our challenges, and many other things will continue to be passed down through my children and benefit generations to come. And at times like these, I am especially grateful for my testimony of the gospel, and the knowledge of the joyous life after death. I have way more to say of course, but I am trying to set a consistent time to study my scriptures and pray every day - during nap time now that I'm coming out of the first exhausting trimester - so I better do that before Neal wakes up :) Our love to you all, and enjoy these beautiful pictures!

13 comments:

Shelley said...

Wow . . . what cool pictures! Is your baby sucking it's thumb already? I am so jealous that you get so many ultrasounds . . . and so soon in your pregnancy. We are so excited for you! And I am so glad to read that you are feeling okay . . . you are SOOO lucky on that one.
I'm sorry about your Grandfather (and Ben's!) Will we be seeing you this week???

Emily Lynn said...

Congratulations Dewey Family! I'm sure your Grandfather is prepping the little one on the way! :) Hope you continue to feel great!!

Courtney N said...

Congrats!! I am excited for your guys!!

Cherie said...

Yeah!! Congratulations you guys!! I'm sorry to hear about the loss of your grandfather. He sounds like an amazing person! How fun that he gets to meet your new addition already :) I'm happy you're doing well and feeling okay. Hopefully things will continue looking up! Congrats again!

John and Melanie said...

I had no idea!! Congrats you guys :-) How are you feeling?

Natalie said...

Congrats! Look at that tiny little bug!

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry about your Grandpa. Hope your family is all doing well. I'm so excited for your new baby! Congratulations! Having 2 kids is so fun!

Rebekah said...

im so excited for this 2nd baby of yours! and i can't wait to know what you are having:) I can't wait to see you this week, despite the sad reunion:( Love you!
Rebekah

adespain said...

2 is so much fun! We are excited for you. Neal was still a baby when I left, now he is growing into a big brother!

jodie said...

What a touching post...thank you for sharing those thoughts. You have always been such a great example to me with your strong faith and testimony.

And congratulations on baby #2! I bet little Neal is going to be an excellent big brother!

The Harrises said...

Congrats Dewey family. Neil is so cute that I'm sure the next one will fit right in. Hope you'rr feeling well liz.

Chel said...

CONGRATS GUYS! That is so incredibly awesome, we are really excited for you! YEAH!

Tarah Wright said...

I am so jealous of your ultrasound. SO FUN! Love and miss you. Am so excited to find out what you're having!