This afternoon, I was out with the kids at a couple of garage sales and needed to swing by Walmart to get a few groceries. Since it was already 5:00, I decided that when I got home, I would just make spaghetti and meatballs (the frozen kind), and I knew we had some leftover veggies in the fridge. On my way to check out, I stumbled upon some hot-out-of-the-oven french bread, and decided that since I didn't have time to make my homemade baguettes, I would get some. Well, now I'm mad. It was really, really good! I feel like I should be able to replicate most anything delicious that I can buy, but I don't think I'll ever be able to copy it. And I may have to buy it again. Grrrrrrrr . . .
In other food news, I also bought a box of Mounds ice cream bars, which I have only known existed for a couple of weeks. When I first saw them, I knew Jonathan and I would both love them; we both LOVE dark chocolate and coconut! Sure enough, we tried them after dinner tonight, and they were absolutely amazing! They made me really wish I had bough a box of the cheap ice cream sandwiches Neal was begging me for so we wouldn't have had to share the good stuff with the two kids :)
No comments:
Post a Comment