I said on my facebook that I was trying to decide which of the hundreds of pictures I have taken this last month to post here . . . and my friend said to just go ahead and post them all . . . it was just the push I needed to guiltlessly post 50 :) He's just so dang cute, what can I say?
Look how he pushes up on his arms! Sometimes he does this and gets up on his knees too with his bum in the air . . . I feel like he's going to crawl away any moment!
Love those gums!
In the morning, I always bring Neal in bed to play because I'm too tired to actually do anything yet . . . and Jon usually sleeps through it.
Big stretch!
Neal and Oscar in their matching beanies. I had cuter pictures of Neal in this pose, but this one shows their huge size difference.


Ok, he looks SO grown up in this picture! He likes to sit in his high chair and play with toys. I was pumped to find something else to entertain him . . . who knew they got bored so easily at this age?

I think it's hilarious when I have Neal all swaddled up and he still flips himself over.
I know this is gross, but I was holding Neal on my shoulders and he did this. So, I put him on the bed real quick so I could go take care of it (it was dripping down my forehead) and obviously wasn't paying attention to where on the bed I put him, because I was in the bathroom and heard a loud noise and . . .
found this. SO SCARY! Neal didn't even care. He had just rolled off of the bed and landed on his tummy and continued playing as if nothing had happened, no crying or anything. I'm so embarrassed of my trashed room in this picture, but you had to see how far he fell! It was such a huge blessing that he didn't get hurt. He could have been seriously injured or worse. 
"Rock on!"
All dressed up for church

Jon brought Neal downstairs for me and went get in the car with his Greg for Priesthood session while I was going to Kaylynn's with Neal, but he left Neal on the sidewalk for me to find. I was just a few steps behind, but it was hilarious when I saw him!
SO cute in his diaper . . .
Another spit-up incident . . . he tends to do this when I lay down and hold him up to play. It makes me laugh so hard every time! The innocence!
Just playing with Neal before bed one night. He is so much fun!
"Are ya serious?"
"Wow!"
Check out that hair growth/loss! He is losing his hair from one ear and over, so he has 1/4 in. hair on his head and long, sparse hair on the rest. It looks so funny from the back!
He loves to put anything in his mouth!
I was holding Neal on my lap while I was at the computer one day, and he pulled my bowl of cereal off of the desk onto me! It was then I knew, my child is now a grabber. It seriously was a milestone for him, a new phase of life for us!
Poor little sweetie . . . These all came at the end of my photoshoots . . . I always feel bad when it gets to this point, but I think it makes for some memorable pictures anyway :)
Neal is growing up SO much! I mentioned a few things here already . . . but he knows what he wants, be it a toy, or to go outside, or something to chew on . . . it amazes me! He actually tore a peice of paper the other day, and I was astounded! He grabs at things and holds things so well, sometimes he even gets his paci back in his mouth correctly when he pulls it out! He loves to roll over and sleep on his stomach, if it doesn't wake him up and make him mad. He watches us eat intently. Mealtimes are so much better now that we have him in the high chair with his toys so he can be up with us - he is much more content than before when we'd leave him down to play on something. I still can't believe he plays with toys! He will reach up and pull Jon's glasses off. He loves to feels our faces (especially when his hands are all slobbery). He vibrates his lips and spits everywhere (so cute!). I love when he is laying by himself and just makes content baby noises. He loves to feel and clench everything with his toes. When he's on the changing table, he flips his feet over his head to the lightswitches and plays with them like that. He is so much fun, and so incredibly sweet, and I love him more than ever. There is nothing like looking at tons of past pictures to bring all sorts of emotions up to the surface. I get emotional every time I go through them! I am so grateful for this light in my life. Yay for motherhood!
10 comments:
all i can see is he is ADORABLE!!! i can't wait to see him soon! he looks like a fales at times and like jon at other times...so fun!
love you, rebekah
Neal is so cute Liz. What a little man! It really is amazing all the new tricks they learn in their first year of life. They grow out of "babyhood" so fast!
AMEN - yay for motherhood!! I love seeing all the pics of Neal . . . I'm glad you took the time to post them all because I know it takes forever! Sorry i haven't posted lately, I've been a little consumed trying to expose Obama's socialist agenda before it's too late (although I've finally accepted that he might win so I'm a little calmer now - but still afraid!).
There is no other cause so worthy of your time right now . . . I am so nervous, I literally get sick to my stomach every time I think about it. I'm so scared for America and for my family!
so cute!!! I'm so glad you did post all the pictures!!! being a mom is the greatest. There's nothing better.
What a cutie! Seriously he is so grown up! i can't wait to see him in just a few weeks. I can't wait until Libby can smile. Neal looks so cute! I'm glad to see another baby loses their patience with pictures
Liz I cant believe how big and handsome Neal is... well I can believe it but... you know what I mean. he is just a little man now:) I hav to admit the spitting up is still not something I can handle but you are sooo cute about it... as for me I just dont handle that very well:) My poor kids:) You look great and happy!! And being a mommy suits you sooo well... fun, huh!! love it!!
Your family pic at the top of your blog is INCREDIBLY GORGEOUS...and Neal...oh my goodness, what I a wonderful, adorable, soulful little boy!! JUst like his parents!!!! Hope you are doing great....but no doubt that you are...can feel your happiness oozing right off of your family photo....which, after seeeing, I change my vote about you cutting your hair...I think you should leave it long. You are absolutely stunning.....
xoxox
melody and the ross clan in idaho
Liz-It's Suzanne Roberts from Houston-how are you?! Neal is the cutest thing I have ever seen-absolutely adorable. Will you please email me-I really need to talk to you if at all possible-suzi.mackay@gmail.com
I LOVE reading your posts about Neal. He is such a cute "lil" guy. It is ALWAYS amazing to see how much they learn...and they continue to surprise you daily. Too bad Ike wasn't around for the beanie shot with Oscar..he has one just like it :) NEAL is super super cute!!
p.s. I don't know if it is just me...but I have been having a lot of trouble seeing your posts...for some reason the whole left side of your blog doesn't show up...am I doing something wrong??
Post a Comment