My sweet hubby Jonathan is 26 today! I thought I would do a little reminiscing. I wish I had a scanner so I could post the cutest pictures of him when he was little . . . maybe someday. Also, I wanted to share what we did for his birthday. So, long post :) I love you so much sweetie - I love how you make me laugh - you just make life so much fun! I hope you had a fun, special day!

From our engagement pictures . . . he does this freaky thing where he crosses one eye. I think I'm glad she caught it on camera for a memory? Don't mind that I look weird. This is about him!

This is us on our honeymoon in Kauai, on a boat by the Napali coast. Gorgeous! (And the view is pretty too I guess . . .) We got drenched by the waves if you couldn't tell :)

This is overlooking the Napali coast. We took a Jeep up there and it was an amazing lookout! You have to look close because of the fog, but the water is shimmering in the background.

After Jon's sister Katie's wedding, we were outside the Logan temple waiting for the newlyweds to come out. I wanted to take a picture. You know, a cute, sweet one. Jon posed like this. Give me a break!

One year ago today! Jon's 25th birthday. We found out at 5:30 that morning that I was pregnant (hence the tummy grab). Crazy that little Neal was in there for this picture!

Last year for Thanksgiving we went to my friend Tarah's parents' in Kentucky. We went shooting on their farm. It was so fun, and Jon just loves being outside away from everything, and shooting too! Speaking of fun times shooting . . . There was this one thing involving a can of pop and our friend Dave, but we'll leave that for another day . . .

I'm pretty sure he wishes I had gotten him a gun for his birthday.

We stayed at the cabin they have on their farm. It is so beautiful and nice! I love this face. Jon always makes me laugh! Um, what's with all the guys in the kitchen though? (shout out to David and Greg in the background). I can't recall, but maybe they cooked for us? ;)

Jon holding baby Neal before I even got to!

I love these pictures of them looking at each other. Jon is such a wonderful father! He is so incredibly good with Neal. Especially making him smile and laugh. I admittedly have to steal little games and phrases from him because he just thinks of and does such cute things with Neal!

For Jon's birthday, I actually surprised him! When he got home from school last night I had him open this:

It was camping chairs, roasting sticks, and a couple of random camping impulse buys - he was a little confused since it wasn't his birthday, so I had to tell him we were going camping. Yay! I had most everything packed in the car all ready to go. The weather was absolutely perfect. I had wrapped another present for him to open at the campsite. A dutch oven! We had been wanting one for over a year . . . so we finally did it. If anyone has any favorite recipes, please share!

Baby Neal's first campout

Greg asked Jon about our dating story. Hopefully he was sincere when he said he was still interested after an hour. Those of you who know, you know it's a long story. But, it was SO fun to hear him tell it and remember all the little details. I love his animation and thoughts on everything!

Greg and Kaylynn came up for dinner and dutch oven peach cobbler. Kaylynn's 8 1/2 months pregnant, so for some reason they opted out of staying the night. What's up with that?

Jon and Neal all bundled up for bed. I have to give a shout out to Brianne for the bassinet and the perfect pajamas for a baby on a chilly night. Thanks!

We got back about 11:30 this morning, showered and gave Neal a bath, and went to the Osmond's to watch the first two amazing sessions of general conference. We then went and got Jon's free ice cream from Cold Stone. Cake batter with hot fudge, brownie, and caramel. Oh yeah!
12 comments:
How cute! I love long posts! I had forgotten that it was a year ago today that we told each other that we were pregnant! That sure seems like a long time ago....I think because that October seemed like a year long because I was so sick! It looks like you had lots of birthday fun, Jon! Happy Birthday!!!!
Happy Birthday Jon!! I didn't realize you guys were such young-ins :) I LOVE that you went camping as a family..I wish I could plan something that cool! I am SO glad that you have been able to use the bassinet and pj's..I was sad because I thought that Neal would be too big for them :) You are really a great and thoughtful wife and mom Liz!
What an adventurous little mommy you are - I think I would be worried about the baby not sleeping. That looks like such a fun camping trip, and I am sure Jon loved all the surprises! What a sweet post!
Wow Liz! How adventuresome! I hope Jon enjoyed his birthday and all the things you planned. It looks like it was so much fun!
Fun post, Liz! You're such a good wife. :)
You had a birthday, shout hooray!! Congrats on making it to 26! Enjoy the day!!
WOW It is so so so good to see you!!! I found your blog through Brittany's. I am so glad to see that you are happy and doing well. Your son is so dang cute!! I love the red hair. Lets keep in touch!!!
Whitney (from the BL)
Happy Birthday Jon! That was such a fun post, I loved the memory lane...and all the pictures.. I am also impressed that you two went camping, and im actually not surprised about the dutch oven cooking with your domestic skills. Love you!
~Rebekah
happy birthday! and I'm glad you make Lizzy so happy!
Happy Birthday Jon! What a fun weekend. I loved the picture of you two at Jon's sister's wedding. So classic! :)
you guys are such a beautiful family! Happy Bday Jon!!!
thinking of you guys...
melody and family
Way to go Liz! That is such a fun b-day present. I can't wait til our first camping trip...probably not for a while...jon is so lucky to have you!
Post a Comment