Friday, January 16, 2009

Back to the West Part 2 - Utah

After our fun-filled week in Boise, Neal and I flew down to Salt Lake. It was his worst flight ever - he cried for the first 10 minutes until I got him his bottle and he fell asleep. And I still got compliments on how good he was, so I'm real proud of him. My cousin Jessica was nice enough to pick me up from the airport, and since my sister Rebekah works pretty close, we swung by and picked her up and we all went out for lunch at Macaroni Grill. It was a fun way to start that leg of our trip! I was pretty busy while I was in Provo/Orem . . . I got to help Lisa with a bunch of last minute wedding things! I seriously felt so lucky to be a part of it all . . . I love weddings so much - it is just such a special, memorable time! I hadn't seen Lisa since my wedding 2 and half years ago . . . so it was especially fun to get to catch up! Lisa is one of my favorite people of all time! She has the most infectious smile and laugh, and I feel so happy when I am around her! We stayed up way too late talking the first night I was there. I was practicing her hair and we just talked talked and talked some more . . . it was so good to have that time, and feel like we were 16 again except with more life experience :) She's such an example to me. I especially loved getting to be with her first thing in the morning to do her hair and makeup. Those moments are so precious, they make me reflect on my own experience. The sealing was beautiful of course. I felt so honored to be there. Here are Ryan and Lisa coming out of the Jordan River Temple: This one is blurry, but I love the excitement of it, so I just played with the color and left it in. So happy and in love!They are such an amazing couple. They looked so happy, and she's such a happy person, so she needs to be happy, so I am glad that Ryan is a part of that! Later that night at the beautiful reception: My awesome friend Melissa also from my Houston days, she was in my stake and I hadn't seen her since my wedding either! So sad, but it was fun to get to talk again! Neal was on the verge of a breakdown (way past bedtime) so don't mind his pacifier and my stressed smile :)

2 comments:

Brianne & Jarod said...

LOOKS like you had a fun and very busy trip! YOU LOOK AWESOME!

Chad and Lisle said...

Hey, on that last picture, is that girls name Melissa Picket? She looks just like a girl from my mission. Actually I am pretty sure it is her. She is from Texas, but was going to BYU. That is so crazy!

Lisle