Saturday, May 30, 2009
The Swimming Hole
This is SO much cooler than I even imagined when Tarah told me about it! We got to go several times during the week. It's on the ranch in the middle of nowhere, and there are rope swings, slides, basketball and volleyball in the water, a diving board, and a zipline. I could not imagine a more fun place to spend the summer, there are endless possibilities for fun and playing. While I was there, I realized that I cannot believe the rope swing into the river I used to go off of back in my single days with my 3rd ward buddies in Boise. I can't even remember where it was now, Emmett or something? Those were the days . . . . Jumping off from 10 feet up on the rope swing here was terrifying!! And then I had a little incident with the zipline which fortunately (or unfortunately for the lifetime of laughs that would have been) there is no recording of . . . Tarah and 20 strangers from the ranch were my only witnesses. I proceeded to receive advice from this 8 year old boy . . . he was so sweet and funny . . . I tried again, and the second time, there was no whipping around of my body or straight-down 10 foot back flop.
Taking a nap
I cannot handle this smile!!!! Those gorgeous eyes just light up his whole face and almost bring me to joyful tears . . . even as I write this . ..
Jon, Dave, and Greg playing basketball . . . with a volleyball. Jon is scoring on them here . . . way to go honey! :) Poor little Neal freaked out when Dave and Greg went off the rope swing the first day, and was just terrified when he heard splashing, even when the guys were just playing basketball. I tried to turn him away and distract him, but he was terrified and crying. He's so sensitive, the little sweetheart. So we had to leave and only did the fun stuff when he was sleeping the other days!
Neal of course immediately spotted this ball, and it's all he wanted every time we came!
Neal looks like such a Fales here!
What a little boy . . . I love his little UV body suit :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment