Tuesday, May 11, 2010
Mama Fales to the Rescue!!
My mom was able to come out just a couple of days after we got home from the hospital. She got stuck in Newark overnight on her way out, and after 3 hours of sleep at a hotel, got back on a plane and made it to Durham! I should just go ahead and say, that my mom is absolutely amazing. She is almost as in love with my children as I am, and not only does she shower them with her love while she is here, she:
-cooks (serves me every meal, and leaves meals and cookie dough in my fridge and freezer)
-cleans (including bathrooms and mopping my floors)
-does laundry (including making sure I have clean sheets on my bed)
-goes grocery shopping
-forces me to lay down and rest
-brings me a glass of water every time I nurse
-sleeps with my baby and only brings her to me in the night when it's time to nurse . . . if the baby wakes up before then, she gets her back to sleep, and then she does the diaper changes when she's done eating
-takes Neal out to play so that I can nap when the baby naps
- gives me some serious emotional support whenever I need it (fortunately this doesn't end when she leaves!)
I could go on! I cried when she left, and I miss her so much! She is so unselfish and so loving and such an amazing example to me.
My mom holding Kensington during dinner so that I can eat . . . she always seems to coordinate when she wants to wake up hungry with when we are sitting down to dinner . . . or maybe we just need to pay better attention to her schedule!
We dressed up Kensington for a little photo shoot with my beautiful mother.

I know these 2 are almost identical . . . but I just couldn't decide!
Neal and Nana spent hours outside playing soccer with this ball . . . since I didn't make it outside to take a picture, I had him hold it here :)
Neal decided for the first time in his life that he wanted to actually play in the water, and not just on the steps. Of course it was with his Nana and not me or Jon, but I'm just so happy they were able to make such fun memories together! Neal would sometimes cry when my mom took him out somewhere so I could sleep because he didn't want to leave me, but within a couple of minutes he almost always was laughing and having fun!
Kensington's first bath since she left the hospital . . . sponge bath of course, but I have to let Nana do it since she is a pro! I love that Neal is standing next to her doing his new favorite thing. He stands on his step stool that we bought him and plays with the water by dumping it back and forth in different containers. He will seriously do this for the longest time . . .
All clean!
This was 12:45 am when she had to leave for the airport at 6:30 the next morning . . . she wanted to make sure she had everything taken care of before she left! Haha we have so much fun together :)
She took both of the kids one night . . . the night where they both decided to have a hard time (Neal refused to go to sleep until she sang to him for 45 minutes, and Kensington was fussy for like the only time in her life . . . but Jon and I had a super relaxing evening out at our very favorite restaurant, Restaurant Eden, here in Durham. They have the very most delicious, fresh, yummy food put together in ways you'd not always think of. Oh, and you can get restaurant.com gift certificates that make it an awesome deal . . . or usually for us, an excuse to splurge! Here we are with our dessert . . . YUM!
I am so incredibly thankful for my mom being willing to come spend the week with us, taking care of us on very little sleep and blessing us with her strength and wisdom!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
wow, you are one lucky girl. That sounds amazing! you mom is awesome!
OH, aren't Moms wonderful? It sounds like yours is truly amazing! I'm so glad she was able to come help you. Oh, and excuse me? How did you just have a baby and look that good? I was still sporting the chipmunk-swollen look for at least 3 more months! That's why our family pictures aren't posted yet. My sister in-law has to finish photoshopping them so I look like Heidi Klum! (that's the only way she got me to agree to take pictures) haha :) Thankfully for me once I stop nursing the pounds come off pretty quick. I'm a little backwards! I love sweet Kensington's pictures. She looks amazing! How fun to have a sweet little girl that's going to be beautiful like her Momma :)
I LOVE Aunt Kristine!!! She is the greatest!!! I'm so glad she was able to come and help you out!! Your new little girl is darling! I can't believe how much she looks like Neal!!! Two cute kids! Congratulations Liz! I'm so happy for you!!!
mom really is absolutely amazing--I love how much you captured in this post, good job! i LOVED the cleaning picture..so typical. Kensington is SO pretty and looks JUST like you except she has the dewey nose i think... i just cant wait to see her and hold her! you look SO good and pretty for JUST having a baby, you are amazing! plus, these are some of the prettiest pics of mom, she looks SO YOUNG!! I miss you liz, and i can't wait to see you soon!
Your mom really is amazing. She helps SO much with newborn babies . . . and the moms!
well, HELLO THERE!! thx for the Facebook message! i couldn't figure out what the heck i'd done! your pic on your header is so freaking darling!
Liz this post is amazing. It was actually a little hard for me because I can't even imagine having that kind of help! Your mom is so out of this world! I'm glad you have her and hope you know how lucky you are! Tell her every day! Your babies are beautiful and so are you!
XOXO!
Post a Comment