Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Baby Savanna is Here!

I now have my first niece on Jon's side of the family! Little Savanna was born on Friday, May 23rd, at 20 inches and 6 lbs. 14 oz. She was due exactly a week before me, so now we feel like I should be having mine this week! Probably not though, given my family history, I'll be a week late! Here is Jon's sister Kristina right after Savanna was born. She looks dang good for just having had a baby! By the way, I totally stole these pictures off of Kristina's blog, so for those of you who read hers, they are indeed the same. Hey, we're 2000 miles away and couldn't make it to get our own! This is their son Austin, and our brother-in-law Brooks with the babe. This is both Jon and my favorite picture of her. I thought she looked bigger than her weight until I saw this one . . . she looks tiny, and it is so cute how her little hands just poke out from the car seat straps, and check out that hair! It makes me wonder if our son will have hair like that (Jon did, except his was black!). Well, we are so excited to meet this new addition to the family when we go out west in July. It is so fun to watch Jon's excitement with our 2 nephews on my side and now our niece here in the last few months. It's going to be AWESOME when it's finally our turn! Last night Jon and I talked forever about just how life was going to change, and wondering what our baby would be like, and how excited we were . . . then it was midnight, and Jon got up to study and I was just laying in bed, but not able to sleep because I was so excited. So I got up and made him cookies and read my baby magazine I had just gotten and was finally able to settle down and sleep after 2 am! This post has made me realize that I haven't posted any pictures of my nephew Parker! Stay tuned, with all this time on my hands I'm bound to catch up. We'll just let Savanna have her moment of glory first :)

2 comments:

Kristina said...

Wow--she is cute! =)

Jon said...

Who is cute? Savanna, or yourself?