Friday, May 23, 2008

Getting Ready for Baby, and other events

The title of this post is just for Jon. He always says, "it's THE baby! His name is not 'Baby'!" But, I often forget and slip, and he corrects me every time, and now I just think it's funny! Anyway, we bought our crib the other day. I got it off of craigslist, and when I saw it I had to have it. I wanted a crib that didn't arch up in the back (so it looks more traditional to me), but the beadboard is what really sold me. I just think it adds so much. So we went and picked it up and assembled it when we got home. We're so proud! Jon using tools :) I wanted to mark the moment we first installed our car seat. Here it is just out of the box. I love how it's bright orange! (I'm not sure why it looks so red in this picture) For Mother's Day, Jon got up and made me homemade White Lily Waffles. They are pretty much the best thing that ever happened to me. He even topped them with fresh strawberries and whipped cream! I love being a mom. Kat, can you tell we love that Rowdy T-shirt? Now for one of the worst pictures ever because we're squinting directly into the sun, here we are at Mapleview Farms. The Osmonds took us for our first experience there. They make fresh waffle cones that are the sweetest, yummiest cone you'll ever eat and the ice cream they make there completely compliments it. This is the front porch of the store, and the rockers face out over the fields out in the farming country. It's so fun to just sit out there and talk and rock. From now on, if anyone visits us, we have to go here!
So, back to baby . . . we pretty much have everything we need now for him to come. But his room is not cute at all yet, it's just everything put in there. So I'm am going to try to decorate these next couple of weeks and then I may have proud nursery pictures to post. We'll see how I do. I can't believe I am due in 2 and 1/2 weeks!!! I am so excited to meet my little guy and see what he looks like and snuggle him and watch Jon hold him. I am sad to see my pregnancy end, since I am constantly fascinated by all of his movements inside of me, and I just love being pregnant so much. I will enjoy being able to really work out again and being more comfortable, but I'm not wishing these last few weeks away, that is for sure!

6 comments:

Howse Family said...

Liz...you look really cute!! I'm excited for both of you and hope labor and all that goes well for you!!

Rebekah said...

i love that crib!!! Im so glad you went with that one. I hope you aren't swelling too much :)
love, rebekah

Shelley said...

Liz, I can't believe your time has come! Your baby could come any day! I love the crib by the way. Take care these next few weeks . . . or maybe days;).

Katie Sterling said...

I am so excited for your baby! I can't believe how fast it has gone by. Hopefully Kip will interview out there and we can come see you!

Kristina said...

I LOVE your crib! How cute! And your car seat, too! I can't wait to see your little guy, and even more can't wait to see all of you guys in person!

Jesse Edwards said...

so fun!!! I'm so excited for you to have you baby!!! newborns are so precious.