Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Carrie Underwood and Keith Urban - Baby's First Concert!

A couple of weeks ago, I was resting in bed playing on Jon's laptop, and Jon calls to me and tells me to close my eyes. I was really nervous because I thought he was going to try to make me eat or smell something weird which I was going to have to forcefully refuse. Fortunately, when he finally said I could open my eyes, I looked down on the keyboard, and there were two tickets to the Keith Urban and Carrie Underwood concert! I guess his classmate was selling them because she couldn't go, so we totally lucked out! I could not believe how loud it was though - I was worried for my baby's ears! We had pretty decent seats, but they had this stage that came out right in front of us and made our seats pretty awesome! It's so hard to get good pictures at concerts, I swear. Here's Keith with his band:
Here's Carrie So we just use our regular camera for video which works fine for simple little home videos, but in the concert, the sound isn't very good and the focus gets really messed up with the flashing lights, but I'm going to post some videos anyway, and if it bugs you, then you can skip them - I still think they're way fun, but that could just be because I was there!
Carrie's voice is absolutely amazing. I LOVED hearing her sing live. She wasn't as much of a performer, but her voice is just so powerful and beautiful! She's so cute too. Keith totally surprised me. I couldn't believe what an incredible musician he is! He was an awesome, all over the place, energetic entertainer and he would just bust out these crazy guitar solos. He also got on the piano for one song. Jon had seen him in concert before and he said that he totally took over the drums and went nuts- I would've loved to see that. When I listen to his music now, I enjoy it so much more. We didn't end up having time to go to dinner before the concert (I had to have a nap between work and going out), so we just ate really quickly at home and were going to go out after the concert, thinking it would be around 9:30 or 10 . . . but Carrie and Keith each performed for over an hour and a half (no complaints here!) and with the intermission, the concert went from 7:30 till 11:30. It was definitely awesome, I've never been to a concert where they performed that much. However, we didn't think we'd find a good restaurant open, but fortunately Cheesecake Factory is open will 12:30, and let me tell you, those avocado egg rolls were to die for as usual! Thanks for such a fun time sweetie!

3 comments:

Shelley said...

Liz , you have such a great husband there to plan such a fun night out for you! It looks like you guys had lots of fun.

Jon said...

I couldn't agree more...

Anonymous said...

luck-EEEEEE! (that is the phonetic spelling of Napolean's pronunciation of the word "lucky" . . . can you hear it now??) Seriously though - SO COOL!!!!