Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Virginia Beach with the Peterson's

My sister Rebekah and her husband Doug have moved to Virginia Beach this summer while he sells security systems, and that is only 3 and 1/2 hours away from us here in Durham. Since it was the last weekend I could conceivably travel at 36 and 1/2 weeks pregnant, we decided that if we wanted to get a trip in to visit them, we'd better just go! So we left Friday at noon after Jon got out of class and drove up there.
After we picked Doug up from work, Rebekah made us yummy nachos - she's holding a phone to her ear here :)
and then we played Guitar Hero until way too late . . .
Saturday, poor Doug had to get up and work all day, so we didn't get to see him until around 10, but we went out to Chile's for dinner and had a great time! During the day, Jon got some studying done in the morning and then Rebekah, Jon, and I went to the beach for a couple of hours.
It was pretty windy, but we had a sun shade tent to sit under, so we had to bury the poles way into the sand so that it wouldn't blow away. I should've taken a video because this picture really doesn't do it justice, but Jon was seriously digging like a little dog trying to bury something. I couldn't believe it, it made me laugh so hard! I was very impressed because when I tried I realized I'm terrible at digging sand. Who knew it was such a skill?
I was so sad to have to go back home so soon, I wish we could've stayed for a week! And now knowing that they're just a short drive away, I miss them so much more! I love my family so much. It was such a nice break to get a change of scenery and spend time with them. I was telling Jon on the way home how great it was for me to spend time with Rebekah and Doug. They are such a blast to be around! They are just very happy, kind, and just like to have a good time. At the same time they are so genuine, and you can have the best conversations with them about serious things. Considering my crazy emotional state this last trimester (what's up with that anyway?), it was so nice to be surrounded by that away from everything else, and Jon and I had such an awesome weekend together. And I am motivated to be a better, happier person!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lizzy!!! and JON!!
I love seeing your blog....you look so so so gorgeous...I love your hair long!! PLEASE come visit next time you are in town...the kids miss you...thanks for the sweet sweet note you left on my blog....we miss you...things definitely aren't as organized without you!!
Hope you are feeling great...you sure look fantastic for being so pregnant! Can't wait to see your adorable baby boy.

Wishing you all the best...
melody and family

Anonymous said...

Oh I wish we could come out there with all of you . . . nothing like a weekend on the beach! (not that I've had one but so I hear . . .)

Jesse Edwards said...

you look GORGEOUS!!!! Sounds like you had a great time at VA beach! ok...and I wish you were here so you could help me with my hair!!! LIZ I NEED YOU!

SO excited to see pics of your baby when he comes!!!! Do you know what you're going to name him yet?

Rebekah said...

That weekend was so fun! I miss you already! I wish we would have had longer to spend together. can't wait for that little baby to come out so i can come see you again! love you so much!
rebekah