Wednesday, April 28, 2010
Baby Girl Bedding
About 2 weeks ago I decided I was going to make the crib bedding for our little girl. We got her a mini crib since she will probably be in our closet for the first year (sad but true!), and it is impossible to find cute bedding for it that isn't super expensive. I have never done anything like this before . . . so it was a huge learning experience!! I had fun doing it though (most of the time . . . ) and am really proud that I did it. It is very imperfect, but from far away I think it turned out pretty :) I need about another hour to finish the mobile, but I am putting that on hold for now since I've been having contractions all day and thinking that I may be going to the hospital tonight? We'll see . . . but here's almost everything! I used a really soft minky-like fabric (actually a blanket I bought at Marshall's and took apart) for the zebra part, the pink is all satin (a set of sheets I found at Ross and cut up), and the bedskirt is tulle with little raindrop looking things all over. I think I might hang a white fabric behind the tulle later so that it stands out better. Also, I have the front of the crib off for now because it will be like a co-sleeper thing next to our bed for about the first month. I'm going to have to fold the bumper back for that, but wanted to get a picture of it all put together :) And fyi, Jon placed that blanket perfectly across the back of the crib for the picture because I didn't have a clue how to display it! He has so many secret talents . . .

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Liz that is amazing!!! Way to go!! I love it! I think it is so so so cute!!! Exciting to have your sweet little girl here so soon!!! Maybe even...tonight!? :) Love you!
That is just too cute!! I love it! If my baby is a girl I might have to steal your tulle idea if mine is a girl. (If you don't mind) :) Well congratulations! Good luck on the contractions!
absolutely beautiful! I love it! Nice work. and i love that you used other things and took them apart instead of buying fabric. :)
ADORABLE. And way to display it Jon! =) Can't wait for baby to come....maybe she wants to make your anniversary EXTRA special!!
I LOVE it! I LOVE zebra fabric and pink. I actually bought some zebra fabric a couple months ago to do something with . . . now you have re-inspired me! Great job and I hope that baby comes soon!
Baby girl is going to be mezmorized by the zebra fabric! So stinkin' cute! Good job you!!
You.Are.Amazing. :)
Post a Comment