Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Happy Anniversary! Two Incredible Years ...

I am so excited to be able to post today. A perfect excuse for the unapologetic posting of wedding pictures and a declaration of my love for my husband! (Side note: I put some music on our playlist special for today. The first song is the one Jon and I danced to at our wedding which I love and chose because it we used to always think we were so different and wonder how we ended up together! The second is one that wraps up our history. Even though we individually went through a lot before we found each other and a lot together over the length of our courtship, here we are, and loving it!) I think marriage is the most wonderful thing in the world! My love for Jonathan continues to grow and change and deepen. Fortunately, he has changed me so much since I married him. I think back to the person I was two years ago, and I am amazed that he wanted to marry me . . . but he has taught me about love, humility, faith, and especially how to be happy and have fun! Turns out I have a tendency to get stressed about things that I can't control, or upset when things aren't perfect or the way I wish they were and want to change them . . . So perhaps the thing that Jon has taught me (mostly by his example) that has changed my life the most is the importance of asking myself: Do I want perfection or happiness? (Reinforced by a wise Dr. Laura in "The Proper Care and Feeding of Husbands" - I could do a whole post on my testimony of that book!). Choosing to let go of the little things that do not require perfection, or that I can't expect to turn out perfectly, and instead, choosing to react to situations in a way that brings peace and love and joy into our home. Seriously, my husband surprises me often by cleaning the whole kitchen and making the bed and taking out the trash while I'm at work, but then leaves his cereal bowl in the sink instead of loading it into the dishwasher the next morning, so do I really need to make him feel bad about that so he will "learn"? He obviously gets it and is already making my life easier! He is so good making me feel good about myself even though I am almost daily having to apologize for failing to do better at the things that I am trying to improve on. So, as much as I'm realizing I could go on forever, I will conclude with just saying that I didn't even know how to be this happy before I married Jon. He has helped me as an individual, and then having him for my best friend and eternal companion is the greatest joy in my life! I have so much fun hanging out with him, I love the talks we have, I admire him for all he is and all he does. I am so blessed that my children will have him for their father!

6 comments:

Melissa said...

2 years! It flies by... Congrats!!!! Good thing life doesn't always go how we think it will. Sometimes the unexpected things/people in our lives are the ones we treasure the most!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pictures! Beautiful thoughts. I am loving hearing the story of your life and marriage. I completely agree about marriage, and awesome husbands! Congratulations on your 2-year anniversary and your happy family.

Kristina said...

Congratulations you guys! You're so cute. I love your pictures...you made me cry! Granted, I am 8 months pregnant, but still...we miss and love you guys and can't wait to see you soon!

Masons said...

Happy Anniversary and Congratulations on your pregnancy!

Shelley said...

Beautiful pictures! I can't believe it has already been two years. You two are great together!

Chelsea said...

Beautifully put! You two are so cute together! Congratulations on 2 great years!