Friday, August 29, 2008

The longest 2 months of my life . . . thank goodness!

I have been SO nervous that the time is going to go by so fast and next thing I know, we'll be leaving Neal at the MTC . . . but I was thinking the other day and realized that it really does seem like forever since Neal was born! It really put me at peace, reassuring me that I was somewhat successful in doing what I am trying to do, to never wish away a single moment, to cherish every stage. I know I am spoiled with a good baby, but I really do try to savor every minute. I spend hours a day just holding, playing with, reading to, staring at, singing to, and talking to Neal. How could there ever be anything else to rival my affections? Ever since he was born, whenever I sing primary songs to him, I am hit so hard with the reality of the words and often brought to tears. Neal truly is this sweet child of God that God has given me the privilege of raising and the responsibility to teach. I am captivated by his innocence. Jesus treated the children so beautifully - and I have the responsibility to do the same. The responsibility and privilege to be kind and patient with him, to love him, and to teach him God's way . . . the one, true, right way . . . the way to happiness! What an honor to be a mother!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Liz,
Neal is blessed to have you as his
adoring mother!
The pictures of Neal are so fun to look at- I wish I could reach into the computer and hold him
and give him a kiss. I can't wait
for Christmas to see you all again.
Loreita

Kristina said...

Oh, he's so cute! I think he looks like a Fales in these pics! What a doll.

Lizzy said...

I agree . . . I think he is looking more and more like my Dad especially.

Anonymous said...

Lizzy! Yes, I am back in the blogging world. I just have to say how much I LOVE the way you write about being a mother! It is so beautiful and I wish I could express myself that way - I feel everything you do . . . there is nothing better!!!