And the prize goes to Kristina! Although she was the only one to make a legitimate guess, she guessed 19 and 1/2 lbs. because that's what Neal's cousin Austin was at 1 year. Neal's actual measurements were:

19 lbs. 11 oz. and 26 1/4 in.
The rate of his weight gain has slowed down, believe it or not, although he is even more above the growth curve now than he was before!

Neal had his 10 week doctor's appointment yesterday. He had to get 1 oral vaccine and 3 shots. Jon was working in the nursery in the hospital, so he couldn't be with us. I had to hold Neal while he got the shots. It was not as bad as I thought it would be! He just cried for a couple of seconds after each one and then was fine. Until . . . we went home and took a 2 hour nap and I woke up to him
screaming! It was the saddest thing! No one told me he was going to be sore or to give him any medicine. So I called my mom and asked if babies are sore after their shots (am I dumb for not knowing this?) and then called the nurse advice line to find out how much Tylenol to give him. After I gave it to him, he slept and when I laid him down, he woke up every couple of minutes and whimpered . . . it was SO sad! So I just held him and kicked back in my recliner, and he slept on my chest (which he used to always do but hasn't for the last several weeks). It was so wonderful to be able to just be with him and comfort him. I could feel him relax when I held him, even though he was in pain. I
love feeling that connection with him. I love being the mommy!

I asked the doctor where they did the shots. She said in his legs and laughed and said they won't have a problem! Then she left to get the nurse to do the vaccinations, I heard her tell the nurse that she would have
plenty of leg to work with. I really like our pediatrician by the way. Aren't they the cutest 2 month old legs ever?

And for some more sad news . . . Neal's hair is falling out!! He has the normal bald spot rubbing off on the back of his head, but this is way different. He doesn't even lean to this side or anything! The other side is totally normal, but this side bald spot is spreading to the back! His entire sideburn on this side is gone too. I loved those!

There is such a line too. Last night when we were giving him a bath, I decided to make it really dramatic and push his hair out of the way. I can't tell what color the remaining fuzz is. It had
better be red!

7 comments:
Yea! I won! Awesome. =) They made me hold Austin's legs down straight while they gave him his first shots because there was pretty much nothing there. Savanna didn't have that problem, however. Yeah for chunky legs!
Oh that would be so hard! I dread the day I have to see my kids get shots. I'm so glad that it wasn't as bad as you thought. That is crazy how his hair is falling out! Who knows what he is going to look like in 2 more months! He's so adorable.
Such great pics! He is adorable and quite the tank! Love the leg chub...I bet you kiss them all day!
He is so precious...and I hope he keeps that beautiful red hair too! So here are a couple of tips for the next round of shots...
I ALWAYS give Ike the Tylenol right before we go to the doctor....and I held off feeding him until right after he got the shots so that I could "comfort nurse" him which helped him to sleep better. He is chubbilicious!
oh man...my little guy has his 2 month apt. on tuesday, I'm nervous! I'm glad it wasn't so bad though, its so hard to see babies in pain :( I can't believe how big your little bud is! He is so cute :)I'm excited for Corbin to get that big! You are such a cute momma Liz!
Wow - Parker was 18 lbs and 27 inches at his 2 month and the doctor said he was off the charts . . . I wonder what kind of charts they are using for Neal! LOL :)
BTY, I am SO SAD about Neal's hair!! Aren't you glad that someone warned you about baby hair falling out though?? Even with all of Mom's babies, I never remember that happening!
correction . . . I meant to say Parker was that big (above) at his FOUR month appt - Neal is way bigger than him and younger!
Post a Comment