I have been walking and jogging and doing squats and trying to encourage my body to take care of business . . . so tonight as I was leaving to hop on the treadmill, Jon commented on how ridiculously big I am getting, and said we should take a picture, which I'm glad for because I'm sure I'll appreciate the documentation reflecting back on this miracle that is pregnancy. My belly just totally popped out in the front this last week. I can't even imagine how big my baby boy is getting!
So if nothing happens in the next couple of days, I have an appointment Tuesday night at 5pm to be induced. They only do it on Tuesdays and Thursdays at 2, 5, and 8, so weird . . . but it's SO comforting to know the back up plan. And I know who the doctor will be that night (I have a group). However, I really really really just hope I can go into labor naturally. Plus, Jon (and I) would be really disappointed to miss out on the experience of me going into labor and him taking me to the hospital (the whole appointment to have the baby thing just doesn't sound as exciting!).
Poor Jon . . . It's summer in North Carolina, and he has to bundle up in his own apartment! I just get so hot. It's so sweet, he doesn't say a thing about it, he just throws on his hoodie and sweats and slippers and resumes his studies :)
Last Saturday we had a barbeque and pool party at our apartment pool with our friends the Wrights and the Osmonds. It was so nice to be in the pool! I was planning on going a ton this week because the water feels so good, but we got all this smoke from the eastern NC fires, so the air was really gross. But anyway, this was just a week ago, and granted I was laying down, but I wasn't kidding when I said I had popped out in the front this week!
4 comments:
I bet you are just getting so excited!!!! Can't wait to see pics of your little guy
Liz you look so cute! That little boy sure loves his mom and doesn't want to leave her. You're an inspiration to me with all the exercise you're doing. You must be wonder woman! Good luck. He must be holding out for some important reason! Nothing else makes sense.
Are you sure you didn't just stuff a basketball up in there? What a cute perfectly round belly! And talking about timing! Jon couldn't ask for a better Father's Day gift! Good luck with everything, can't wait to see pictures of the little guy!
I am so glad jon took that picture of you before you went to work out... that will definitely be one for the scrapbook....:)
love you!
Post a Comment