Monday, June 16, 2008

Finally admitted, and dilated to a 7

So after returning to the hospital at about 6:00 pm, and being sent home AGAIN because Liz was only dilated to a 2, we finally convinced them to admit her around 11:30 pm because her contractions were so strong. She was dilated to a 4 by the time we got to the hospital for the third time. Her contractions kept getting stronger but nobody came to take us to the Labor and Delivery room as promised. I had to do some serious butt-kicking to get anyone to pay attention to Liz. Apparently there was a big time emergency that had everyone's attention and left us totally abandoned. I was about to kill someone! Anyway, after many complaints from me we finally got put in a room and they dragged an anesthesiologist up here for Liz. Things have been MUCH better since! We had a quick scare with the baby's heart beat when Liz had too many contractions in a row and about 10 people came running in the room, but everything is fine now and she was dilated to a 7 about an hour ago! Not much time left! Oh yeah, and they broke her water during the little emergency... the baby had pooped so that could mean that I don't get to cut the cord. We'll see.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you are keeping us posted Jon! I have been thinking about you guys all night and saying lots of prayers - last night, every time I woke up during the night, and all this morning . . . I can't wait for your baby to come out already!!! Love you guys!!
p.s. great job at being so persistant/assertive/agressive at getting Liz a room and hooked up to that wonderful epidural!

Shelley said...

way to go Jon! it's too bad you actually had to complain so much to get anyone to help liz. good luck and i hope everything goes well.

Abby said...

Yes! I am going to be the first to comment since the baby was born! (Even before Jon makes the post!) Congratulations to Liz and Jon!!!

Kristina said...

Congrats you guys!!! We can't wait to hear more! Bring on the pictures!

Loreita said...

Congrats!!! Can't wait to see him in 3 weeks!

Love, Matt Dewey