First post from the mommy! It's so hard to want to take time away from Neal (staring at him, holding him - I'm spoiling him these first couple of weeks!) or sleeping to do this . . . but I want to say how much I love being a mom! From the moment I delivered him, I felt the most peace, joy, and contentment I have ever felt. It was the most incredible thing! I have a wall hanging in Neal's room that reads "A baby fills a place in your heart that you never knew was empty." I bought it because I thought it was cute, and I liked the way it looked. But when Rebekah was here and I was telling everyone my feelings about Neal, she said, "it's just like that saying in Neal's room" and I realized how true it is. I feel complete and healed of everything painful I have ever been through, my joy is the most sincere beautiful thing I have ever felt, and when I look into his eyes, I have this depth of emotion I can't describe. Having a baby with my amazing husband has been so amazing for our marriage and feelings for each other, and it has given me a greater understanding of not only my mom and dad's love for me, but my Heavenly Father's love for me as well. I cry just thinking about or telling people how much I love my son (I know it's partially the hormones, but this is serious stuff!).
My mom was here for a week (which was so sweet and wonderful by the way, hopefully I'll post more on that later) and she babysat for us Wednesday night so that we could go on a date. We went and saw Kung Fu Panda, which I highly reccomend by the way! It was hilarious. Here is me with him right before I was separated from him for the first time in 10 months!
13 comments:
Liz,
Neal is such a lucky boy to have
you as his mother! I love reading
everything you write. You really
have a gift.
Loreita
He is beautiful Liz! Congrats! You will honestly be an amazing mother, he is a lucky little boy! Enjoy!
such a sweet post! (I love that I am apart of it!) You are such a beautiful mom...you look so great...and you are glowing in all these pictures~ I love you!
Rebekah
Isn't becoming a Mom amazing? I'm so happy for you guys.
Yay liz, he is such a beautiful baby! I am about to have a baby any day now...(well i'm due july 8th...but i hope any day!!) I found your blog through jodies, I just made this a week ago so i'm still getting used to it. but its great to see you doing so well! you look so happy :)
Christine (siddoway) christensen
Liz! I'm so glad you discovered that the Lord can and will help you in nurturing your son . . . for the first several weeks after we were home from the hospital, I prayed every day that the Lord would help me know how to help him. And then, every time he cried, I had a thought come in my mind - either he's tired, he's hot, or whatever and then when I fixed that problem he stopped crying! (Except when he had gas, then I had to just keep massaging his tummy till it passed while he cried in pain.) I almost felt like he was talking to me but really it was the Lord talking to me and telling me what he needed. So amazing!
so sweet. It's amazing how fast it changes everything about life. Being a mom is great!!! How great that your mom got to spend time with you!
and I LOVE your hair long!
Wow Liz...you must be the happiest mother ever! I'm so happy for you and your new little boy. And you look GREAT!!
I 100% know how you feel! You are going to be an AWESOME mom, and Neal is very very lucky!
Oh my gosh Lizzy!!! I could not be more excited for you and your sweet little Family! You are beautiful in ever sense of the word. I love you cuz!
Jess
Liz, it's Laurie Jayne. Thanks for this post. It really gives me faith in motherhood and something to look forward to. Love you.
That is one good lookin' baby! Congratulations again - hope you two are doing well!
-Brett & Emily
Liz, looks like you guys have been having lots of fun visiting family and Neal just gets cuter and cuter with each day! I know what you mean about not wanting him to grow up! I just want to freeze time!! But you look so happy and I'm sure you're a great mom. Glad things are going so well for you! Take care.
Post a Comment